The word 'spontaneous' may invoke a wee bit of anxiety for some, particularly if you're someone with a fixed routine.
But no matter who you are, we can all benefit from adding a little more spontaneity into our lives. After all, it leads to:
- More resilience - the more flexible and open you are, the better you will be adjusting to change and dealing with the unexpected.
- Less stress - adjusting easily to change reduces your stress levels (which, in turn, leads to better health... it's a win-win-win!)
- A sharper mind - spicing up your routine with some impulsive changes keeps you on your toes (and stops you going into robotic autopilot mode...🤖)
- More memories - it's unlikely you'll remember every routine bus trip you took last month, but you'll probably remember the time you took the ferry instead.
So there you have it. Doing fun and different things every now and then has infinite advantages for your wellbeing.
So, what can you do to spice up your life with spontaneous decisions?
FYI, switching from OJ to AJ with your morning brekky probably won't cut it...
1. Go somewhere you've never been before
This could be as small as trying a new restaurant or as big as exploring an overseas destination for the first time.
You could peruse an art gallery or museum, discover a new beach or road trip to somewhere you've never been before.
Our minds instantly enliven when we're exposed to a new environment.
2. Escape the city for the day
Pack a picnic, grab a friend or 3 and head wherever your hearts desire (preferably somewhere green).
If you can, ditch your phone for the day and take a good old fashioned map instead. It could make for some spontaneous fun indeed...
3. Book a fun activity in the heat of the moment
A surf lesson, escape room, kayak rental, photography class, pub crawl... the sky's the limit!
Luckily, Leezair has all your spontaneous desires covered. On our website and app, you can instantly view the availability of upcoming experiences around you. You could be at the train station one minute and on a historical walking tour the next!
Check out what fun activities are happening around you now!
4. Switch up your exercise routine
Are your workouts getting kind of same-old? Change up your fitness sesh so it's different every time. Keeping fit shouldn't have to be boring!
You could join a sports team on a whim, hike along the coast or swim in the ocean. Try a new class - pilates, boxing, cycling, dancing or anything that tickles your fancy! You mightn't think it, but indoor rock climbing is also a fabulous (and fun) way to work a sweat.
With an abundance of ways to keep fit and healthy, there's no need for your workouts to be the same every time (or bound to the gym for that matter).
5. Write down your 'Dream Day'
If money was no object and you had time to spare for a whole day, what would you do?
Visualise your idea of the best day (or evening) imaginable and do what you can to make it happen! So long as you're not dreaming of flying like a bird, I'm sure you can put your Dream Day into action. Then again, there's always sky diving!
And that's a wrap! Remember, spontaneity is key!
Change things up as much as you can and don't be afraid to try new things. You only live one life, so make the most of it.
If you're feelin' spontaneous, (which by now, you should be 😉), check out our catalogue of tours and activities on Leezair and book something fun near you!
Carpe Diem, adventurers!
The Leezair team x